Over New Year’s I flew out to Vegas to take some photos for my little brother and his fiance, but I was still sick so I did my best not to spread my disease to anyone. I almost succeeded, but ended up spreading it to my momma just a few days before coming home. So I made her a big pot of my favorite thing to eat when I’m sick: rice porridge (juk).
When I’m sick I make it very basic so that it’s easy to swallow, but I was still craving it even after finally getting better, so the other day I put together this heartier chicken version. It’s so yummy to eat during the winter, and the leftovers are even better because it gets even creamier.
- 3/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (or bone-in, just trim the skin and fat)
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- roasted sesame seeds (opt.)