1. Bi-Color Croissants at Supermoon Bakehouse. If you follow me here or on social media, you might know that my favorite dessert on planet earth is the cruffin! You’ll find that on the list too, but the creator of the cruffin is Mr. Holmes Bakehouse, who are also the creators of Supermoon Bakehouse. Basically, they are dessert geniuses, and Supermoon in NYC is the only place where you can get their bi-color croissants. This one is blueberry and rosemary, and it was yum-o.
2. Mini Desserts from Eataly. Eataly is the best because of the variety! From cannoli carts to gelato counters, to this cake counter. Hubby and I split ways so that he could get his daily gelato, and I opted for these mini cakes. Hubby’s fav was the chocolate and my fav was the raspberry pistachio mmm.
3. Doughnut Plant. For doughnuts in NYC, hubby’s fav is Doughnut Plant. He loves their PB&J flavor, but we found ourselves there on National Doughnut Day when they were giving away free mini doughnuts with purchase, and it was a mad house. They were sold out of half their flavors, but this creme brulee turned out to be delish mmm.
4. Gelato from Grom. This gelato shop was nearby our hotel and the only place open late one night when we were craving something sweet. After posting on my Instagram I found out it’s a huge favorite, even in Italy, and is definitely my favorite gelato shop (and that’s coming from a non-ice cream/gelato lover). If you’re craving a frozen dessert in the city, this place is tops.
5. Peaches ‘n Cream Soft Serve-Filled Cruffin from Supermoon Bakehouse. Cruffins are the one novelty treat I’ll wake up early and wait in line for an hour to get. I’ve done it a dozen times and it’s always worth it. Recently Supermoon did a 4-day collab with Halo Top, filling their cruffins with soft serve instead of cream. They gave away 150 free ones each day, and they were amazeballs. The promotion’s over now, but I heard on the street that they’ll be offering soft-serve filled cruffins on the reg soon. NYC gets all the good stuff.
6. Totoro Black Sesame Macaron from Bibble & Sip. This was a sweet little bakery/cafe near our hotel that is just my style. Cute treats, Asian flavors, and Totoro! Their spiced pear scone was also delicious nommm.
7. I told my hubby about Levain the last time we were in the city, and he has been hooked since – they make his favorite style of cookies. He loves their chocolate chip, but I prefer their oatmeal raisin.
8. We never forget to grab Magnolia’s banana pudding. They were out of the original, so we ate up their java chip and it was equally delish. I was so proud of our trip to the city this time, we didn’t waste a single calorie on sub par food, and were able to stuff in everything we wanted to try. What are your favorite dessert spots in the city??