It’s nice to look back on another year and see what I’ve accomplished. I made some headway on my goal to become a programmer. There aren’t a lot of opportunities to learn in Oklahoma, so I spent this last semester driving to a university an hour away to attend computer science classes. It was lots of fun to be back in school, and it felt like someone awarded me a gold star when I saw my 4.0 at the end. My goal for 2019 is to have a developer job by the end of the year.
Besides career and education, I got to experience a lot of new things over this past year. A few of my highlights:
- A photo trip through the Bay with my Find Amazing travel troupe. We witnessed many beautiful sunrises and sunsets, ate amazing dim sum in SF, and captured some great photos and videos. Never mind that @jwalklife broke his knee >.<
- A trip home to New York and Vermont to attend my grandfather’s memorial service. It was beautiful.
- Picking up snowboarding. I think I’m getting better.
- Spending the summer hiking in Utah.
- Moving to Oklahoma. I love the never ending cotton fields, forever fluffy clouds in the sky, and the summer thunder storms.
- Seeing Death Cab for Cutie and Taylor Swift.
- Having my Korean family visit the states for the first time.
In last year’s post I wrote that my only goal for 2018 was to be happy. 2017 was a complete disaster, hence the depressing wish. 2018 was an upward climb and by the end I was happy. I think my 2019 will be the best. How was your 2018?
It’s my tradition to share my best recipes (ie most popular) from the past year, as well as my personal favorites. Find past years’ collections under my Recipes tab.
Most Popular Recipes
1: Cheese Platter + Tomato Pastries // 2: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs // 3: Banana Cake // 4: Rose Raspberry Cupcakes // 5: Spiced Pear Cake //
6: Lemon Raspberry Cake // 7: Coconut Crusted Chicken Fingers // 8: Strawberry Pie Cupcakes // 9: Spicy Tuna Bowl // 10: Seafood Salsa
My Favorite Recipes
1: Seafood Salsa // 2: Banana Cake // 3: Spiced Pear Cake // 4: Chorizo Pot Stickers // 5: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs //
6: Lemon Raspberry Cake // 7: Coconut Crusted Chicken Fingers // 8: Crab Deviled Eggs // 9: Grilled Salmon Salad // 10: Spicy Tuna Bowl